Photoshare is free-of-charge strictly for nonprofit educational use.
- All requests are individually reviewed by Photoshare staff to ensure that images are used in a context that fairly represents the real situation, subject identity, and physical location of the image.
- When searching for images please keep in mind that Photoshare images are intended for journalistic, documentary use under the protocols of editorial photography.
- If your request is for illustrative purposes, you may be asked to provide additional information and/or a draft of your material, substitute original selections with more relevant alternatives, meet other conditions of use, or utilize a more appropriate photo resource such as a commercial stock photo agency.
- Photoshare orders are processed continuously during office hours (M-F | 9am - 5pm EST).
- After checkout, most orders are processed within a couple of hours, although we do ask users to allow for 1 business day for order processing and fulfillment.
- If your request is approved, you will receive an email with a link to your approved order. Users can download their free copies for one-time use. All orders are accessible for review by clicking 'My Account'.
- If you are submitting an urgent request, please indicate your deadline in the Notes section of the request form, and we will do our best to rush your order.
- Contact us at 410-659-6300 or send us an email through the contact form Monday-Friday 9:00 AM - 5:00 PM Eastern Time (USA) if you need assistance.
- The Photoshare collection falls under the category of editorial photography; therefore, unlike stock photography, Photoshare images must be used in a context that fairly represents the real situation, subject identity, and physical location of the image.
- Images supplied by Photoshare may not be copied or stored by any means, electronic or otherwise, except for the purpose for which they were originally supplied.
- Approved images are available for one-time use. Permission must be sought and given from Photoshare before each and every use of an image.
- Images must be properly credited to the photographer/agency as cited below.
- Photoshare images are available strictly for nonprofit use.
- As a Best Practice: We recommend including Photoshare captions with all Photoshare images.
Click on the links below for more information about: