2012 Photoshare Photo Contest
**Deadline Past: Contest Closed to Entries**
Winners Announced: www.photoshare.org/2012-contest-winners
Announcing the 8th Annual 2012 Photoshare Photo Contest - a popular international event mobilizing amateur and professional photographers to share their photos for charitable and educational use.
The contest has a top prize of $1,000 USD. Deadline for Entries: December 17, 2012. Entries are accepted through Photoshare's Upload Photos submission form. If you already have an account just click on the Upload Photos button in the header to access the submission form.
Photoshare's 2012 Photo Contest features the HIFA2015 Photography Award, spotlighting the critical role of Healthcare Providers. The contest leverages HIFA2015 as a key partner to further expand Photoshare's reach and impact among health professionals working to improve the availability and use of healthcare information in developing countries.
The 2012 Photoshare Photo Contest is brought to you by the Knowledge for Health (K4Health) Project, a USAID funded project at Johns Hopkins Bloomberg School of Public Health Center for Communication Programs (JHU∙CCP), in partnership with FHI360 and Management Sciences for Health (MSH). Sponsorship is provided by HIFA2015 (Healthcare Information For All by 2015), a global campaign administered by the Global Healthcare Information Network.
Learn more about HIFA2015 at: www.hifa2015.org.
- Click on the Upload Photos button in the header to access the submission form
- There is no limit to the number of photos a participant can submit
- The contest is free to enter
- Deadline for Entries: December 17, 2012
This year’s contest features 10 categories covering a broad range of global public health and development topics. Contest categories include:
- Healthcare Providers (*Featured Category: HIFA2015 Photography Award)
- Family Planning and Reproductive Health
- Agriculture and Economic Development
- Democracy and Governance
- Humanitarian Assistance
- Global Health (open subject)
- Human Interest (open subject)
Entries are accepted through Photoshare's Upload Photos submission form. Please be certain to select the appropriate contest category for each submission.
In addition to cash prizes awarded to 1st, 2nd and 3rd place winners, participants submitting entries to the featured Healthcare Providers category, are also eligible for an additional cash prize, the HIFA2015 Photography Award.
Best of Show See previous Photoshare Contest Winners
1st place -selected from all contest submissions
· $1000 cash prize and certificate
2nd place -selected from all contest submissions
· $500 cash prize and certificate
3rd place -selected from all contest submissions
· $250 cash prize and certificate
Featured Category (*winning image is also eligible for Best of Show prizes) See the previous HIFA2015 Photography Award Winner
*HIFA2015 Photography Award | Healthcare Providers -selected only from the Healthcare Providers Category by the HIFA2015 Steering Committee
· $250 cash prize and award certificate
Outstanding Photoshare Contributor -selected by Photoshare staff based on year round contributions and support of Photoshare
· $500 cash prize and certificate
Photoshare Image of the Year - selected by Photoshare staff from all Photoshare images
· honorary award and certificate
· honorary award and certificate
Deadline for Entries: December 17, 2012. Entries are accepted through Photoshare's Upload Photos submission form. If you already have created an account just click on the Upload Photos button in the header. There is no limit to the number of photos a participant can submit, the contest is free to enter.
- All entries must be received by December 17, 2012 to qualify for consideration. Entries must be submitted using Photoshare's Upload Photos submission form on the Photoshare website.
- Any individual or organization, with the exception of contest judges, is welcome to participate (including both amateur and professional photographers).
- At a minimum, digital images must be approximately 1600x1200 pixels. Photos below the minimum resolution, collages, digitally altered photos, photos without completed captions, and photos previously contributed to Photoshare are not eligible for consideration.
- Photos will be judged on the basis of content (relevance to category) and quality (e.g. lighting, composition, focus) by an independent panel of judges for cash prizes.
- Entries that violate copyright or the laws of the country in which they were taken are not acceptable.
- By entering the contest, the Participant grants to The Johns Hopkins University, on behalf of Photoshare at the Johns Hopkins Bloomberg School of Public Health/Center for Communication Programs (CCP), a non-exclusive, worldwide, perpetual, royalty-free license to use such photographs in its Photoshare database, and grants all such other rights, including the right to sublicense, the right to copy, distribute, publicly display or perform, and the right to create derivative works, as may be necessary to meet the requirements of the Photoshare database, and to fully realize and carry out the purposes thereof, without requiring The Johns Hopkins University to notify the Participant, seek the Participant's permission, or owe any form of compensation to the Participant. This agreement will apply to all photographs and other submissions supplied to CCP by the Participant and shall remain in full force and effect until cancelled in writing by either party or superceded by a subsequent agreement. The Participant understands that these images will provide useful information related to people, their living conditions, and their health, and that requests to use the photos will be carefully screened for appropriate and respectful objectives.
HIFA2015 (Healthcare Information For All by 2015) is a global campaign and knowledge network administered by the Global Healthcare Information Network, a non-profit organisation working to improve the quality of health care in developing countries. We are committed to a common goal: By 2015, every person worldwide will have access to an informed health care provider. One-third of members are based in Africa, one-third in Europe, and one-third in the rest of the world. Together we are working for a future where people are no longer dying for lack of basic healthcare knowledge. We are more than 8,000 health workers, librarians, publishers, researchers and policymakers in more than 2000 organisations across 167 countries worldwide, and we interact on five global email discussion forums (HIFA Global Forums) in three languages:
- CHILD2015 in collaboration with the International Child Health Group of the Royal College of Paediatrics and Child Health and the International Society of Social Paediatrics and Child Health
- HIFA2015-Portuguese in collaboration with WHO, Geneva
- HIFA-EVIPNet-French in collaboration with WHO, Geneva
- HIFA-Zambia in collaboration with the Zambia UK Health Workforce Alliance
Over 160 leading health and development organisations worldwide have declared their commitment to the HIFA2015 goal.
With thanks to our 2012 HIFA Financial Supporting Organisations: British Medical Association (main funder), Anadach Group, Chartered Society of Physiotherapists, Commonwealth Nurses Federation, European Association of Senior Hospital Physicians (AEMH), European Federation of Salaried Doctors (FEMS), Global Health Media Project, Haiti Nursing Foundation, International Child Health Group (Royal College of Paediatrics and Child Health), International Clinical Epidemiology Network, Joanna Briggs Institute, London School of Hygiene and Tropical Medicine, Mother and Child Health and Education Trust, Network for Information and Digital Access, Partnerships in Health Information, Public Library of Science, Royal College of Midwives, Royal College of Nursing, UnitedHealth Chronic Disease Initiative.
Further information: www.hifa2015.org
Contest submissions are judged by a select panel of volunteers including professional photographers, health communication professionals, journalists, and Photoshare staff.
We are in the process of confirming our 2012 volunteer judge's panel. Updates coming soon.
Photoshare encourages those who are interested in Photoshare’s mission to participate in the contest. The contest is a great incentive for those who would otherwise share photos year-round but have trouble finding the time. If you are learning about Photoshare for the first time, you may be interested to know…
- People who typically share photos with Photoshare – either through the contest or on an ongoing basis – are international public health professionals, community leaders and residents of developing countries, Peace Corps volunteers, world travelers, amateur and professional photographers, and anyone else interested in freely sharing photos as a way to promote awareness of global health and development issues.
- Participation in the contest does NOT require you to forfeit your copyright.
Participating in the contest is a fun and rewarding way to support Photoshare’s global efforts in health and development photography, and to help build the Photoshare collection.